Many people are asking us when we are coming back. The simple answer is that we don’t know, but we are ready. There is a job to do, and we are preparing to re-start operations as soon as we get our mandate.
The timing is in Government hands. Legal and regulatory processes must be complied with, and we are in continual discussions with the relevant departments.
We know there are thousands of people who are waiting for the REDISA waste tyre network to be reestablished, and we have been working hard to be ready to recommence operations.
• We have redeveloped the dedicated waste tyre management IT system created to control the collection, storage and re-distribution of the tyres.
• We have built a server centre to host our operations and acquired premises to house our operations team.
• We have tracked down and recovered much of our dedicated capital equipment (balers, shredders, trucks, OTR handling equipment and more).
• The downstream manufacturing plant established to help create downstream demand for recycled tyres, Imvelo Rubber Products, is on standby.
• The Product Testing Institute has been in readiness and is now moving rapidly ahead with getting its international accreditation for tyre testing in place.
View the album to see some of what we have in readiness.
Please check back on our website for updates.